Tuesday 16 September 2014

Vestry House Museum - the last post


my local museum ‘The Vestry House Museum’ presents the history of Waltham Forest through a variety of permanent displays and special exhibitions. it also offers a programme of community activities. one such event that happened recently, as an offshoot of the ‘E17 art trail’ was an exhibition of work by local artists and crafts people. as I have said before rust is not my only obsession – i also make sculptures and wood carvings, one  series of which is my ‘downfall of Icarus’ sculptures and i exhibited some of these along with some of my ‘garden sprites’ at the event

in the award-winning garden of the museum are a number of items on display which demonstrate the development of rust in Waltham Forest – it really doesn’t need saying but I photographed a lot of these and they appear over the next few days

No comments:

Post a Comment