Tuesday 20 August 2013

remnant of beach groyne, near Charmouth, Dorset, England (there's more to the picture than meets the eye)

 

BITTER DISAPPOINTMENT
as most of you will know the title of this blog rust never sleeps is taken from a Neil Young album/song
i count myself as one of Neil Young’s greatest fans (yes i have all the albums including the archives and some bootlegs) last night i was due to go to a Neil Young and Crazy Horse concert but found this statement posted on the venue’s website:
Due to an accident involving Crazy Horse, the remaining dates on the Neil Young and Crazy Horse tour of Europe and the British isles have been cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes to our fans or the Festivals where we were scheduled to appear. As you must be, we too are disappointed at this unfortunate turn of events. -- Neil Young and Crazy Horse

Neil Young and Crazy Horse are famed for their brilliantly mercurial performances – alas last night was not to be one of them, if you’d like to see him performing Hey Hey My My earlier on this year (as part of the same tour that last night’s concert was due to be part of) see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HusycL_z1_o

Here are the lyrics:
Hey hey, my my
Rock and roll can never die
There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye.
Hey hey, my my.

 Out of the blue and into the black
You pay for this, but they give you that
And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black.

The king is gone but he's not forgotten
Is this the story of johnny rotten?
It's better to burn out 'cause rust never sleeps
The king is gone but he's not forgotten.

Hey hey, my my
Rock and roll can never die
There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye.

   

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the cancellation.

    I saw him with Crosby, Still, Nash twice, in Albuquerque, years back. And we had tickets to see them (not sure if he was to have been in on that concert) the week of the 9/11 attacks, when all planes were grounded, so that didn't happen.

    Maybe, I hope, you'll get to see him again.

    I'm enjoying your blog. In New Mexico, rust sleeps better than in most places. :-) We have two old pickups outside and their rust is a very, very slow process. Rubber parts dry out, though, and are ruined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey hey my my - New Mexico - would love to visit there, even if rust does sleep
      been to Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah (and places in the east)
      how can i send you some great wheelbarrow photos?
      gregg

      Delete